Make a claim
Accidents can happen day or night. So we're here 24/7 to help put things right.
Accident, damage or theft
It's quick and easy to make a claim online. Or, if you're at the scene of an accident and need immediate assistance, call us. You'll need:
- Your policy number
- Your car registration
- Details of what happened and any damage
- Details of anyone else involved, including witnesses
- A crime reference number (if your car's been stolen or vandalised)
With your Prima cover, you can book window or windscreen repairs directly with Autoglass®. No need to tell us. Simply:
- Book your glass repair online or over the phone.
- You'll be told what you need to pay as excess.
- Autoglass® will send us a bill and we'll pay the rest.
Did you add breakdown cover to your Prima policy? Call our partners at the RAC® anytime you break down. Or, if you've broken down within the UK, report it online to get help faster.
Motor legal costs
Did you add motor legal cover to your Prima policy? You could claim for legal costs following an incident that's not your fault. Claim up to £100,000 per incident (or £200,000 per policy period).
Frequently asked questions
It's normal to feel shaken after an accident. But it's important to stay calm and...
- Check if anyone's hurt. If you need to, call 999.
- Pull over to the side of the road. Or if your car's undrivable, get out if it's clear and walk to a safe place.
- Take photos of the accident. If you can, write down what happened while it's fresh in your mind too.
- Swap details with any other drivers involved. Ideally, you need their name, phone number, address, vehicle registration and insurer.
- Contact us. If you need immediate assistance at the scene of the accident, call us on 020 3318 9745. In all other circumstances, it's faster to make a claim online.
And while we appreciate accidents are stressful, please don't…
- Stand in the road or put anyone else in danger.
- Lose your temper. Even the best drivers can be involved in an accident.
- Admit responsibility. You might not have all the facts yet.
- Take an on-the-spot cash settlement. It could void your claim.
Please don't go looking for your car. You could put yourself in danger. Instead, stay calm and…
- Check it's actually been stolen. If you were parked illegally, it might have been towed away.
- Call 101 to inform the police. Ask them for a crime reference number.
- Check any security footage. You or a neighbour might have caught the theft on camera.
- Contact us as soon as possible. You can either call 020 3318 9745 ormake a claim online.
We should have emailed you all your policy details, including your policy number, when you first bought cover from us. You can also find your policy number at the top of your policy schedule document.
A no claims bonus (NCB) is a discount insurers give you for not making a claim in previous years.
When you call us to make a claim, we'll explain what will happen to any NCB you've earned.
In most cases, if you've got five or more years' NCB (and you don't have NCB protection), we'll reduce it to three years if you make a first claim. For every claim made after that, we'll reduce it by a further two years.
But you'll be happy to know that, with us, your NCB won't be affected if:
- You claim for glass damage only
- You're hit by an uninsured driver
Our comprehensive car insurance includes a courtesy car as standard.
You'll get a small hatchback, unless you paid for our courtesy car upgrade when you bought your policy.
If you upgraded, you'll get a courtesy car that's just like what you usually drive, up to a Mercedes C Class. That means if you drive a seven-seater, we'll do our best to provide you with a seven-seater.
We work hard to handle every claim as quickly as possible. And when you call us to make a claim, we'll give you an honest estimate of how long it should take to fix your car and get you back on the road.
But factors beyond our control (like Brexit and the Ukraine crisis) mean some repairs are taking slightly longer than usual right now. This isn't just the case for us at Prima. It's a problem for all car insurers and garages in the UK.
Rest assured that if an incident's left you without a car though, we'll prioritise your repair. Plus, we're working closely with industry leaders, like the National Body Repair Association (NBRA) to continuously improve our repair processes.
Need something else?
Find more answers to common questions about everything, including claims, in our Help Centre.